Here at Invers, we invented the concept of automated vehicle sharing. Today, we offer hardware and software solutions for operators of shared-mobility services which they can use to introduce, operate and expand their mobility offers. We are an independent and reliable partner for offers such as car sharing, scooter sharing, ride pooling and car rental. Together with our customers, we pursue the goal of making shared mobility an affordable and convenient alternative to owning a vehicle. Our solutions are used in more than 50 countries around the globe with operators such as Share Now, Clevershuttle, Miles, Getaround, Flinkster, TIER, Bounce and Emmy.
As a pioneer and market leader, we are experiencing above-average growth and are looking for staff members to join our software development team as soon as possible at our location in Cologne or our headquarters in Siegen (Netphen).
- As part of your new team, you will constantly work to further develop our telematics solution for shared mobility.
- You play a role in every level of software development. You draft, test and implement – independently and as part of the team – individual features or entire software components which will later be used in more than 100,000 vehicles around the world.
- You are fully involved in the elaboration of microservice architectures and, in doing so, you always have your eyes on delivering the best possible performance.
- Together with your team, you design APIs as well as architecture for telematics infrastructure and securely and reliably link internal and external systems.
- You incorporate your knowledge and research findings related to best practices and suitable patterns (e.g. MCG, factory, loose coupling) and evaluate new technologies.
- Using pair programming, code reviews and prototyping, you further develop not only our products, but yourself as well.
- Depending on your own interests and developments at the company and in your team, you can potentially progress towards development operations, SRE, software architecture or infrastructure management, and take on project responsibility.
And we’re not looking for someone to elbow their way around to get ahead, but rather friendly colleagues who are looking for challenges, who are dedicated to their work and who appreciate and want to maintain our positive working environment.
In the back end, our development focuses on Node.js and TypeScript. As an interface, we rely on web front ends supported by Node.js and work with Angular, among others. Depending on the specific application, we store our data in either relational (MSSQL, SQLite) or document-centred databases (MongoDB, Redis). Orientation towards containers and microservices (with Docker) are an important part of our technological direction going forward, with communication carried out via REST as well as Kafka and AMQP (RabbitMQ).
Among other tasks, we use modern development tools, maintain ticket workflows, use a central build system and are constantly working to improve our processes.
- You have several years of experience in professional software development
- You have solid skills in at least one object-oriented and/or functional programming language
- You routinely work with relational and nonrelational databases
- You are familiar with architecture principles (e.g. microservices, SOA, messaging, event-driven)
- Basic skills in network infrastructure and/or data streaming are advantageous but not a prerequisite
- You get excited by developing great features or products from burgeoning ideas
- You appreciate doing things efficiently and responsibly. At INVERS, the work you do has a significant direct impact on the business – on your colleagues and our customers
- You are a team player and a professional communicator – both in German and English
WHAT WE OFFER
We are a diverse team and we are happy to see all applicants regardless of their gender, origin, sexual orientation, confession, age or disability.
- Work with the inventor and the most successful provider of shared mobility technology!
- High-growth tech business with lots of professional development opportunities
- A chance to gather experience in the highly dynamic shared mobility market as well as our state-of-the-art technology portfolio
- An energizing start-up atmosphere within an adult and successful company
- Full responsibility for your role - from day one. Develop your own ideas and make them work
- Our modern tech stack that contains notebooks as well as a smartphone of choice for your private usage
- Flexible working hours and modern offices in center of Cologne and Siegen (Netphen)
- A stack of most modern technologies and working gadgets (also for personal use)
- You can take a shared car from our pool for private usage
- Lots of standard perks in the office like fresh fruits, soft drinks etc.
Have we piqued your interest? If so, we are looking forward to receiving your digital application. Please include your CV and any other relevant documents (ideally as one PDF file) along with your salary expectations and desired starting date.
Your contact person for this position is Verena.