Moped sharing is constantly evolving. Therefore, our aim is to stay up to date on the latest moped sharing news globally. Every quarter, we publish some of the most noteworthy updates from the moped sharing space and what they mean for the industry.
Here are some selected news and updates from Q4 2022:
- Big news: We launched our Global Moped Sharing Market Report 2022 in November – the annual #1 report about the industry. Download the full report now.
- Rewatch our latest moped sharing online panel discussion that took place on the day of the Global Moped Sharing Market Report launch. We sat down with some of the leading European moped sharing voices, Oriol Marimon-Clos Sunyol (Cooltra), Paul van Merrienboer (CHECK), Bertrand Altmayer (Cityscoot) and Enrico Howe (INVERS).
- GO Sharing/Zig Zag, Helbiz/Mimoto and Reby got a license for running a moped sharing business in Genua. 100 mopeds each at start; up to 250 each later.
- Groningen discusses a space occupation tax for shared mopeds.
- Cityscoot started to sell some of their refurbished mopeds to private customers in October 2022. Five colors available, prices started below 2,000 €.
- Acciona was hit by large-scale battery theft in Madrid.
- Data from our recent Global Moped Sharing Market Report showed that the global fleet size, and number of operators continued to grow from 2021 to 2022.
- Last year, moped-bike-hybrids were on the rise. Strongholds of this vehicle type are India, Indonesia, USA, Turkey or Pakistan.
- Taiwan: GoShare’s moped sharing, Gogoro Smartscooter and the Gogoro battery swapping platform merged to “One Gogoro Taiwan” in October 2022.
- TIER stopped its moped sharing vertical, as of the end of 2022. They phased out their shared mopeds in Berlin, Hamburg, Munich and Utrecht.
- Italy: Cooltra claims a big part of the Italian moped sharing market pie.
- Netherlands: GO Sharing reduced its city footprint in the Dutch market. It left 32 from 45 municipalities. Big cities such as Rotterdam, Eindhoven, The Hague, and Delft are part of the remaining service. Read the company statement for more info.
- Fuel shortage in French Nice drove the business of local moped sharing operator Cityscoot.
- Cooltra closed a 25 million € financing round for further expansion and sees a positive growth scenario based on their finances.
To receive future shared mobility news subscribe to our news updates to stay in the loop.